If you want to succeed in any business, you must get your company in front of your target audience. And the healthcare travel industry is no different. The first thing you must do to attract patients for medical tourism is identify who your ideal customer is. This means being as specific as possible and describing your intended audience. You need to know what blogs your potential customers read, what they are searching for online, and what motivates them to utilize your service. Here are some key aspects to attracting medical tourists:
Help Patients Find Your Business Online
Where are your potential customers hanging out online? Once you find this out, you can create an online marketing strategy and establish a presence on the appropriate sites. Here are some ways to get their attention, once you find out what publications and blogs they are visiting:
– Guest blog posts: Publish your content on industry related blogs. This means seeking out publications and blogs that international patients may visit on a regular basis.
– Produce great content: Write about subjects that your potential clients are interested in and would find useful.
– Use great headlines in your blog posts: One of the most essential parts of the content you make is the headline. If you pick a headline that grabs your audience’s attention, the result will be more clicks and more exposure for your company.
– List your company’s contact information on industry related directories
Get on the First Page of Google
If you want to get the maximum amount of profit from a website, then you need to get as much online traffic as possible. If you’re pondering “how to get patients for medical tourism“, then you need to get your website ranked on the first page of google.
And if you want to get to the top of Google, then you need SEO or ‘Search Engine Optimization’. Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing a website so that Google will be more likely to index it and make sure that it ranks high on the most relevant key words and phrases. For example, if you have a website that’s targeting people who want to travel to the United Arab Emirates for plastic surgery, then you might try to get it to rank on the first page of Google when someone types in the phrase “Dubai plastic surgery packages”. To do this, you would go through an optimization process that would involve both ‘on site’ and ‘off site’ strategies.
Even more important, the traffic will not just be from random visitors but will be from individuals who are considering traveling to a specific destination for medical treatment. Better yet, the people will be looking for an operation at the very time that they come to your website (why else would they search for a plastic surgery operation in Dubai?) which means that they’re possibly ready to travel and it should only take a small push to get them to make that decision.
Make Your Website Patient-Friendly
There is no reason to attract medical tourists to your website if they never contact you. So, to get website visitors to fill out your contact form, send you an email, or pick up the phone and contact your business, you need to have a high converting medical tourism website. To do this, you need to make it easy for patients to contact you by setting up your website in a way that is convenient. Your contact information should not be hidden on your website or hard for patients to fine. Your telephone number, email address, and social media icons should always be visible to website users. The easiest way to do this is by putting your contact information at the top of your website. Another way to make it easy for website users and patients to contact you is by having a contact form on each page of your website.
Here are a few more ways to make your website attractive to medical tourists:
– Add a live chat feature so patients can connect with you while they are on your website and their interest is the highest.
– Make your website mobile friendly so patients can have a good experience on any device they use to view your website.
– The pages on your website need to load fast so visitors don’t get annoyed and leave quickly. Not only do website visitors penalize you for having a slow website, Google also penalizes slow loading sites.
If you are interested in attracting more international patients to your website or looking to have a medical tourism website created, contact us today.
Tel/WhatsApp: +1 (561) 909-7178